Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Superfood Experiment!

Week 1, Day 1 -

Ok – so a friend of mine, Ryan Orrico, recommended the book Superfoods by David Wolfe – at first I didn’t think much about it until he started talking about this crazy energy he was getting. So, as a 47 year old menopausal woman, with hot flashes, night sweats, low energy, and HUGE mood swings, I thought I’d see what was up… after all my life is half over right... and really I’d like to live it to the fullest without shooting hormones up my who-ha like Suzzane Sommers – if ya know what I mean.


So here it is Tuesday, March 16 – exactly one month before I become a Yaya (I refuse to say grandmother) and the product arrives. I’m not going to lie, I’m feeling a little intimidated by the words “Raw” and “Superfoods” I mean what is going to happen to me when I ingest all this stuff?

The plan is this – I’m going to mix all of these ingredients into a super green smoothie and have it for breakfast over the next 30 days. I will blog about each of the Superfoods I am using, according to Mr. Wolfe, and if I feel any difference in my mood, energy levels etc. as I go along. I will post an update on my thoughts and feelings along with information on a few of the Superfoods being used each Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Week one– Introduction Goji Berries, Cacao and Maca
Week two – Bee Products (Honey, Pollen, Propolois, and Royal Jelly) Marine Phytoplankton
Week Three –Aloe Vera, Hemp Seed, Coconut
Week four – Honorable mentions – Camu Camu Berry, Acai, Chlorella, Incan Berries, Kelp, Noni, Yacon

Ok - since I didn't know where to start I borrowed the recipe below from the RCR's very own Ryan Orrico, which I believe he came up with this through his own blood, sweat and tears (mine is juat a tad different). He was kind enough to shared this with us girls in the forum and allow me to post it here. Ryan was the one who started all the commotion on superfoods which tricked to Valerie, and then down to us ladies. I'm sure when all is said and done I will come up with my own version according to my tastes and body's needs - stay tuned....

The Shake will consist of:

1 handful of spinach
1 scoop Choc EAS Whey Protien
½ cup blueberries
½ cup cherries
½ tsp of Hemp Oil
1 tbsp on bee pollen
1 tbsp Maca
Small handful of Gogi Berries
1 tbsp of Cacao powder
1 tbsp Camu-Camu Powder

I take this alone - 
3 drops of Marine Plankton
1 Blue green algae capsule


David Wolfe's Sunfood Nutrition

1 comment: