Sunday, April 11, 2010

3 Week mini challenge...

So in Valerie Waters Red Carpet Ready Club, I've issued a mini 3 week challenge for myself, which I thought I'd share with you here.... Now that others will be watching maybe I will push myself a little harder...

As I've mentioned in another post, my lower body has always been my problem area - arms, back, abs - not so much ... butt, hips, thighs - oy... This girl is definitely a pear shape...

When I started Val's program in January of 2009 - my stats were as follows:

Weight 147
Waist 28.5
Low Waist 32
Hips 141.5
Thighs 25

After 8 weeks

Weight 136 - down 11 lbs
Waist 26 - down 2.5 inches
Hips 39 - down 2.5 inches
Thighs 23 - down 2 inches

Over all inches lost over my entire body.... 13.25 !! Not too shabby - right? Percentage-wise - I lost 30% of my total weight loss in the first 4 weeks and 55% of my total weight loss in 8 - after that it was harder and took longer to get a pound off - plus at that point I have to think some of the fat was being replaced by muscle - and as we all know - muscle weights more than fat ....

November 2009 was my all time low - weight was 127 and total inches down 25.25 - yowza!!! But after the holidays around Jan 1, I was up 5 lbs and 6 inches, which ended up being an inch or so increase to my waist, low waist, hips and thighs.... Not horrible - plus I've been able to maintain a 15lb and 19 inch loss over the past year.... I should be happy about this, shouldn't I?

So why the need for this mini challenge - Well honestly, the last time I got comfortable and lost focus, I ended up at 147 lbs and barely fitting in any of my pants, skirts, or shorts. I was embarrassed to go out in public in a pair of shorts or walking with confidence on the beach... Like I've said before, at almost 48 now, I feel as good as I did 20 years ago, maybe even better, but one thing is still hanging around - a little dark cloud over all my success... The darn cellulite on my thighs... I am determined by this summer to get it O-F-F! This means a cleaner diet and a lot harder work..... So with that said here is my plan:

This plan will consist of Val's principles and workouts - she is a staple forever in my life (http://valeriewaters.com/) ... also I've added some sprints and a grueling leg workout compliments of the anchor in my life and my husband, Mark - another fantastic trainer - for you ladies who work out with him - you know what I'm talking about (http://markoneworkout.blogspot.com/) ... Also I am hoping the Superfood journey I've started on courtesy of Ryan Orrico, and additional food and workout advice from my good friend Linda Muszynski (http://fitin-lindam.blogspot.com/2010/04/are-you-in-or-out-of-control.html) with be the final piece of my fitness puzzle...

Workouts - basically the same - adding extra cardio

Sunday - AM -Sprints / PM - 1 mile slow jog
Monday - AM - Valerie Waters Action Hero Babe Build / PM - 1 mile slow jog
Tuesday - Off
Wed - AM - Leg workout / PM - 1 mile slow jog
Thursday - AM - High Intensity Interval Training / PM - 1 mile slow jog
Friday - AM - Valerie Waters Action Hero Babe Burn  / PM - 1 mile slow jog
Saturday - AM - High Intensity Interval Training / PM - 1 mile slow jog....

  
Food - basically the same

6:45 AM Super Green Smoothie
9:30 AM Egg whites and Oatmeal
11:30 5 Shrimp / Salad and 1/3 cup Quiona
1:00 PM Workout
3:00 PM Apple / 12 Almonds
5:30 PM Dinner - lean protein, 1 - 2 cup of veggies and /or salad
  • Monday - 4 oz of Chicken
  • Tuesday - 4 oz of Fish
  • Wednesday - 4 oz of Ground Turkey
  • Thursday - 4 oz of Chicken
  • Friday - 4 oz of Fish
  • Saturday - 3 oz of Beef
  • Sunday - 4 oz of Turkey

I hope you enjoy my journey - after these three weeks I will see where I'm at, and at that point I will re-evaluate to see if I need to switch things up.... As our bodies adapt and we get in better shape, we need to switch things up and kick our own butts to reach the next level of fitness.  Lord help me!

Stats as of April 11, 2010

Weight 132
Waist 27
Low Waist 30
Hips 37
Thighs 22


Day 1 Completed!!

Warm up 1 set of 20 walking lunges
6 sets of Sprints (70 yards)
1 set of 20 walking lunges
2 sets of shuttle runs (12 x 25 yard times)
cool down 1 set of 50 walking lunges

3 comments:

  1. Looks good Leeanne -I can't wait to follow your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Looks Great Leeanne. I second what Rachel and Dawn said -- YOU ARE MY HERO!

    ReplyDelete